Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Joyful Noise


I came home from work yesterday and the kids were loud. Dinner was ready to be served but they were loud.

And I loved it.

Our TV broke down Friday night, kind of has wavy lines and the people move very slowly. The sound is still on but it is not a pleasant thing to watch. Not that I care anyways as it has been over a month since I have watched it. But when it happened, the kids thought they were going to die.

Then they discovered each other. And how much fun it is to play with each other.

They don't have any other place to really play right now except for in our small living room. Imagine 10 kids (plus a cat that wants to hide but there is no safe haven) trying to play hide and seek on our 700 sq ft first floor and they are not allowed in the kitchen.

Heh, not all that difficult to find somebody in Hide and Seek when 3 people try to stuff themselves in a coat closet in the hall and 3 more are in the 1/2 bath by the front door.

But they weren't fighting or arguing with each other. They were having fun with each other.

Eventually we will get the TV fixed but we are also enjoying the new found freedom that comes without it.

Turn off the TV and discover each other. For Kathryn and I, it is like date night every night now.

2 comments:

~Jordyn said...

I hate the tv anyways. I'm glad you guys are having a good time. It's really nice to smell the roses every now and then. :)

Unknown said...

lol 3 kids in the closet. I can see how a UNIQUE hiding place is hard to come by!