Monday, March 23, 2009

From Our Arms to God's Arms


We are sad to report that on the evening Saturday, March 21 our little Calissa Norine was born but she didn't look at us nor respond to our kisses. Saturday morning Kathryn went to hospital because she hadn't felt Calissa move for a couple of days and they couldn't find a heartbeat. They believe she had passed away earlier in the week. After she was born we both had an opportunity to hold her and talk to her and remind her to watch over us from the other side. To us she is perfect and will always remain such. She won't be forgotten in family and individual prayers with us. She is ours for eternity.
I never thought it would be so hard as to make those phone calls to tell people what had happened. It was extremely hard to tell our children that their sister had passed away. Thank you to those of you who have offered help and condolences. Thank you to those of you who have prayed for our family. We know that some mourn by seeking to comfort while others seek to give us our space as a family. Know that your prayers and words do not fall on deaf ears. We don't intend to do this alone nor would we ever try.
We find comfort in the promises of the Lord that we will be reunited with our daughter at the right time and we will enjoy a family reunion that will be joyful and much anticipated. Our family will be whole once again. No parent should ever have to bury a child and we now understand better the feelings of those who have. We also heed the admonition the Lord gave in Doctrine and Covenants 101 to be still and know that he is God. All is according to his plan and we are grateful for that knowledge. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh, blessed be the name of the Lord.
Goodbye my sweet Calissa, may God stand near you and hold your hand as we go through this together. We will see you again but in a better setting. Keep your great-grandparents on their toes and your brothers and sisters in line.

17 comments:

the letter "J" said...

Greg-

My heart aches for all of you. Know that we love you and you all are always in our prayers.

Julie

stina said...

I am so so sorry for your loss. We'll keep you all in our prayers.

Melanie said...

My heart breaks with this news. How wonderful it is that we know of God's plan and love for all of his children, and the joy of eternal families. My love to your whole family.
"I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up" (Doctrine and Covenants 84:88).

~Jordyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~Jordyn said...

It breaks my heart to hear this news. If there is anything Lee or I can do for your family please don't hesitate to call us. You and yours are in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

We will keep you in our prayers, as you move through this difficult time. I can't imagine a bigger heartbreak than to lose a child. I am so sorry for your loss.

Tabitha said...

I truly do love your family, tell Kathryn how wonderful she is that and I love her and will do anything for her!!Also Greg, what an inspiration you are thank you for your post, may the Lord give you comfort and peace at this time! Tabitha

echolsfamily said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. We are thinking and praying for your family at this time. You guys are such wonderful people and parents; we have always looked up to you for the strength you have.

S and M said...

I am so sorry for your loss and heartache. The Lord's plan is wonderful and a great comfort at times like these.

Tooele Brezoff said...

such a beautiful example of listening and following the Lord and holding dear to his words and teachings. You are a wonderful family. Please let us know how we can help! We love you!

Brandi said...

You guys are such a strong family. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Your family are in our prayers.

Jeff and Melanie said...

Let me know if there is anything I can do Please don't hesitate to ask! I truely Love your Family and your all in our Prayers!!

brandy tauai said...

Greg,Kathryn and family,
Please know that you are in our thoughts and continued prayers.
We have had the pleasure of knowing you for several years now and have grown to love you all very much.
What a great comfort to know you will always have this sweet baby girl with you.
Brandy

The Snells said...

Greg and Kathryn I found your blog through Sandys. Scott and I are truely sorry to hear of your loss. Our hearts go out to you and your family

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

You are in our constant thoughts and prayers. With all our love, Andy, Beth and Jennah

Barbara said...

Kathryn and family,

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I am terribly sorry for your loss.

Ben and Stephanie Taylor said...

I'm so sorry for you and your family. What a sweet tribute. We'll keep you in our prayers.