Monday, April 21, 2008

Abi's Blessing



Abi's blessing happened yesterday on Sunday, April 20 (Aunt Holly's birthday as well!) and it went off like a charm. She looked like a little princess in her outfit and the tiara that Kathryn had for her. I got to the church early to save some seats with the kids, Kathryn and Abi were to be there when Kathryn was ready to go. Well, church started and they weren't there yet. I was sweating bullets on the stand but thankfully they walked in during the opening hymn and I could relax a little. Then after the bishop read the letter from the First Presidency he started to go right into the sacrament portion of the meeting and I had to tug on his suit coat. Poor Jess, he felt bad about that but with all that he has to worry about, I don't think I would have remembered either. Although this is the 10th blessing for our children, it never gets old nor does it get routine. Each one is special and each one is different. After the 3-hour block we all retreated to our home and enjoyed each others company over a light lunch. The kids played and the adults talked, it was very enjoyable.
Thanks to all of those who went to great lengths to be there and bring things. We know that many of you got up early to travel to Tooele, Kathryn and I know what a struggle that can be sometimes. We are so thankful to be around good family members who love us and support us, it truly is a blessing to be home.

8 comments:

Aunt N said...

I absolutely love the pictures and the write-up. I only wish I could have heard the whole blessing. Make some notes in your journal if you can remember some of it and you can share it with me later. I'm glad we could come.
Love,
Mom

Hello! said...

The tiara rocked! Us Nelson girls really ARE princesses! DUH!

Holly said...

Oh she's so cute!! I can't wait to meet her! I'm glad that everything went well!

Melanie said...

she is darling! LUV the tiara, where can i get one for myself?? congrats you guys, miss you!

Hello! said...

So I'm looking at these pics again and it hit me. The bottom pic of Abi kind of looks like mom when she was a baby. Glad to see one of your kids looks like our family!

Unknown said...

I need you to put a family picture on here. There are so many of the younger kids I haven't met. Iwant to see the older ones too. Hope you are all well. I miss ya a ton. I just started a blog. rollinwiththegriders.blogspot.com
-Becky

Tooele Brezoff said...

Hello Nelson's I am happy to have stumbled upon your blog! I love the photos of the kids they are darling!

Brandi said...

Hey you have a blog. I love blogging. It is a great way to get to know each other better. Feel free to check ours out abgarcia4.blogspot.com. I will be stalking yours now that I know you have one. HAHA