I read a great article at Meridian today about Satan and his thwarting of identity - who we are as God sees us. Since the passing of Calissa in March, Kathryn and I have both struggled with different things relating to her loss. We know and understand that it is the adversary using doubt and criticism to try and destroy us and our family, but to apply it and make it real is harder than we thought it would be. I never imagined it would be like this but he is very good at what he does. Last evening we talked about an eternal perspective and the need to keep that constantly in mind as we view our situation. May the Lord help all of us see ourselves for who and what we really are!
Read the article here.
Monday, June 8, 2009
Who I Am, and Who I Am Not
Posted by Greg Nelson at 9:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"You are of infinite worth whose future is beyond your imaginings. “
“You have not yet begun to discover who and what you are and can do."
Those are some powerful statements! And that article is inspiring.
There is a quote by Robert Browning that reminds me of what that article is trying to point out.
"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's heaven for?"
I love that quote because those words really touch me. There are so many wise and intelligent men and women out there that I think often people feel as though they can never amount to much if they are not more like him or her. This world is all about competition and Satan wants us to feel like we have failed at everything when we realize that our talents are not the same as another’s talents.
But every man gets his talents and intelligence from the Lord. Everything good and true and wonderful comes from the Lord. Unfortunately it is so easy to forget that in today's world. I believe in myself much of the time. But even I knowing that I am a child of God; I still have bitter struggles with my identity.
That is why I am so grateful for optimism. I surround myself with people who are positive in a world that is so negative. The Lord made us all with such unique souls. All of our talents are different. All of our purposes are different. All of us are important in God's plan, just like the pieces of a puzzle. I hope to live my life helping others realize just how important they each are. Because I believe so strongly that we are all of infinite worth.
Thanks for sharing that!
He is quite crafty- and I sure know what you mean. One of my children has been sharing her struggles with him and I had to lay down the law and tell her over my dead body was he getting her. She said- "Mom! don't tempt him!" lol- probably good advice.
Post a Comment