I know that it happened so long ago and that I haven't posted the pictures yet but I thought that I had better do it now before we move on to other things. So here they are!
None of us can believe that Joshua would actually pass his interview with Bishop Clifford but somehow, someway he made it. Then again, I think the large batch of chocolate chip cookies and a couple of free albums from Uncle Dave go a long way with priesthood keys. He refused to wear socks in the font and I refused to go in there without them. We practiced several times at home on how the baptism goes (this is the way you stand, you hold this arm, just pretend you are sitting down, etc.) but he promptly forgot everything when we walked across the threshold that morning in the stake center. By the way, have you worn one of those baptismal suits lately? Eesh, talk about riding up the canyon . . .
Joshua wasn't the only one baptized that morning in our ward, he had two of his best buddies as well. Nicholas Norman, his cousin and fellow conspirator in all things trouble and prankish, as well as the ever-quite-in-public-but certainly-not-in-private Ryde Garcia were baptized. Thank goodness our ward was last as that water must have been murky after those three brethren were dunked to wash their sins away! :) Don't let that look of innoncence on Nick's face fool you for one instant, inside those gears are just cranking away at the next plan. Ryde and Josh are seeing that there really is a way to escape all of these pictures from 8 different cameras, hugs from grandparents, and reminders that their sins REALLY do count now. They sure look good in those white shirts though, 11 years from now we will all be admiring them as they leave to go to the MTC to serve the Lord. It happens a lot quicker than we think!
Of course we had to get a picture in of their handsome fathers. Now there are three good looking chaps, relieved that they didn't have to do the baptismal prayer more than once each. Angel Garcia, Ryde's dad, was a former HT companion of mine and he is a great guy. The fact that he is an ardent BYU fan cannot be overlooked as well. Way to uphold the deepest shade of royal blue, Angel! Davo has the straight-ahead look, he doesn't care who is taking the picture, he is just looking this way and if you don't like it, then just delete the shot. I think I am trying to catch Elias out of the corner of my eye to see if he is trying to bite somebody. Good times for all!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Joshua Baptism
Posted by Greg Nelson at 12:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
It was an awesome day.
Post a Comment