One of my biggest pet peeves - the use of loose vs. lose. If something is lost, we do not say "Did you loose your mind?" but "Did you lose your mind?" If the knot holding the ropes together is coming undone then we can describe it as loose, not lose. I see this mistake frequently on message boards, newsletters, and I even saw it on a sign by the side of the road once. You "lose" the game, not "loose" the game. Here is what happens when you don't understand the difference -
It looks like the 11-year old Scouts applied the tint as well. :)
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Loose vs. Lose
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOLOL I agree- that one drives me crazy too!!!!
LOL too funny a peek in to the mind of Greg! I will be sure to remove that tint from my car window! hahaa
Post a Comment