
I read an article this morning that talks about the growing possibility of a world government, much like the EU on steroids. That this idea actually has more traction, especially with the incoming Obama administration, is a scary thought and deserves attention from all Americans who love their freedom and liberty. For the last 8 years we have heard about the 'global war on terror', Al Gore and his 'global warming' theories, and lately the state of finances has become an all inclusive 'global financial crisis.' The UN, which thrived under President Clinton but suffered under President Bush, is on the rebound with President-elect Obama's appointment of his close friend, Susan Rice, to be the US ambassador to the UN. Not only that, he has elevated her position to cabinet-level status, thus giving her voice on major decisions coming from the White House.
The UN has shown itself to be corrupt and ineffective in it's mission to promote world peace and solve world problems by getting countries together for effective dialogue. Rogue countries (Iran, North Korea, Iraq at one point, Libya, Russia, China, Venezuala) have ignored UN sanctions and treaties aimed at promoting peace or at weakening dictators. The UN Security Council is a farce with China and Russia having veto power over anything that the US and Britain would like to do, and they use it to prop themselves up, showering themselves with power that is undeserved and used unwisely. Those who run the UN have not shown the ability to resist corruption and can be easily swayed by money or friends of a friend, much like the IOC. Their peacekeepers have been ineffective and are still posted in countries many years after the target conflict has ended even though disengagement has no deadline. Consider this- Bill Clinton was once thought of as the perfect US ambassador to the UN. How appropriate and what a perfect fit.
A one-world government will destroy the sovereignty and freedoms that we now enjoy here in America. If we participate in such a venture then we are goverened by international law, subject to an international court, our representatives are not elected but appointed, the people then have no say, the Constitution is of no more effect, the taxation rate would skyrocket, and we would be like a piece of bark floating upon a storm-tossed sea. No direction, subject to the whims of wind and wave. This is the great and abomanable church that the scriptures speak of - it is not an actual church but world government. The Lord has said to resist this with all that we possess, to weary ourselves by bringing dark things to light, that these things come about through the unrighteousness of those who are goverened. Here is the opportunity. Don't let this happen, do everything you can to stop the advancement, resistance is not futile.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
One World Under ?
Posted by Greg Nelson at 6:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey I am in the ward and I have been reading your blog for a little while now.
I just want to say that I really appreciate the fact that you are willing to speak out on these issues. I am glad I am not the only one who is worried about the rest of the world and what's going on right now. In fact since this election started I have felt consumed by the problems of the world.
I'm sad to say I ignored the issues before (or maybe I was just scared of them) but lately I have been paying very close attention and trying to do whatever I can to make people aware of the very real situations we are about to face in this country.
Again,thank you for sharing you views.
Post a Comment