
Here is the disclaimer-
I am a guy. Guys don't like movies about the troubles girls have before marriage and all of the follies leading up to the big day. Sure, your hair looks great. Yes, the dress is nice. Oh, that cake sounds delicious for the reception. More importantly, how much does all of this cost?
So, with that being said, Kathryn wanted me to come see this movie with her and I thought she was joking at first. She wasn't. She promised me that she would write a blog review of the movie so, trusting in that promise, I went. Heh, so much for the promise of the blog entry from Frank and for the movie too.
I was late for the movie as I had to pick up Lauren from a birthday party at 9:30 so I missed the first ten minutes of the movie. More importantly I missed the previews. I think they might have been better than the movie itself.
Guys - warning to you all - CHICK FLICK.
There were some funny scenes like the orange tanning spray on Anne Hathaway and the crazy dance instructor but that was it for me. The best actor in the movie was Anne Hathaway's father and he was only on for 5 minutes and had about 4 lines. The bachelorette party- no. My wife, sister-in-law, and nieces laughed long and hard throughout the movie while myself and the other three guys in the theater with their wife or girlfriend kept checking their cellphones to see what time it was.
At the end both of them find out they are pregnant and due on the same day.
No, please, for the love of all that is good, don't make a Bride/Baby War Part Deux.
Two thumbs down for me, at least the popcorn was decent.
PS- I watched The Dark Knight again. Still didn't like it and yes, I was fully awake this time. Batman Begins was much better.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Greg and Kathryn Movie Review - Bride Wars
Posted by Greg Nelson at 10:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I had actually heard that this movie is getting awful reviews, so you may be totally right with your assesment, even though you're not a chick! glad the girls liked it!
but it is Anne!! I must say I have not seen it and will most likey wait till it is at the redbox then end up watching it at 2 in the morning because my kids wont sleep!
Hummm i did noticed that your side bar is lacking a very important link..... my blog! hehe
Thanks for the review- AS for Chick Flix I despise them- so I will STAY away!
Post a Comment