One of my New Year's resolutions was to stop watching TV so much. I find myself staring blankly at whatever is on after the kids go to bed when I could be doing something else.
So I tried for one week. Made it. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I guess I am so used to not watching TV because I rarely had the time to do it when I served in the bishopric for 4 years. What did I do with all of the free time?
Prepared my Primary lesson.
Read.
Played my guitar.
Wrote on the blogs.
Read.
Talked to my wife - while she watched the last few recorded episodes of Seventh Heaven.
Went to choir practice on Saturday nights.
Read even more.
So how did I reward myself for this significant victory? Bought a book. What else would I do? :)
I am going to try it now for a month, I will check back in then to let you know how it goes. Try it yourself for a week, you would be amazed at how much time you have and how much better you feel.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Greg vs. TV - One Week Victory
Posted by Greg Nelson at 10:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well, not this week. Lost is back and I would go through some serious withdrawals-wouldn't be pretty! I do always notice that during the summer when I watch less tv I am a lot more productive for sure!
Your wife records 7th heaven too? So do I! That is so cool!
I don't know if i could give it totally up! (but way awesome that you were able to free up time to do other things!) i have been getting into buying boxed DVD sets. it started off as just buying my favorite shows to watch again when the mood struck me, but made me think i could skip the shows during the season, buy them on DVD and watch them at my leisure. i think where i waste time is being the slave to watching all my shows each week. once i sit down in front of TV it's hard to leave.
Post a Comment