
OK, I know that we have taken forever to get to this film but hey - when you have 10 kids with one on the way then some things are more important than others. I was reluctant at first to see this film as I had heard reports of how violent it was. For some reason I can do the Lord of the Rings violence but the "real-life" violence doesn't sit well. The movie had gotten great reviews and I know our cousin Alan had loved the movie. So with great anticipation we watched it last Friday . . .
Maybe I need to see it in the theater, maybe I was too tired from all of our New Years festivities (come to think of it, I don't think I have yet recovered from Dad Norman's wild New Years Party), but something just didn't click with this movie.
I didn't like it.
In fact, I fell asleep during the middle of it.
Heath Ledger did a great job as the Joker, he was spooky in an emotional way although I didn't care for his costuming. Christian Bale was better in Batman Returns, here he just didn't seem to get into his role the same way. There were a lot of plot lines running at the same time and I had trouble making connections at times. The return of the guy who played the Scarecrow didn't do anything for me. And who decided that a change to the role of Rachel would be a good thing?
For me the scenery was fantastic, the action was fast-paced at times but a little slow at times. The movie was also too long for me, which I don't mind if it keeps me engaged but this one didn't. I also thought it worked too hard at the end to set up the next movie, kind of like the first X-Files did.
Sorry, this movie didn't do it for me but it wasn't a bad movie. One thumb up and one thumb down.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Greg and Kathryn Movie Review - The Dark Knight
Posted by Greg Nelson at 9:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Be careful to not get entrapped in the worldly and material pursuits of wild New Years Eve parties.
We just saw it as well and I have to say I liked it! I was not sad when the girl died she annoyed me, is that bad to say?
Wow, if you fell asleep during the middle of it that must have been one CRAZY NYE party that Bob throws! I think you would have liked it better if you had seen it in a theater.
I saw this twice in the theaters and LOVED it. I watched it around 11:30 with my family during Christmas break extremely sleep deprived and I kept falling asleep. I would have gone off to bed if my brothers hadn't gufawed that I wasn't going to finish it.Being awake is apparentley a requirement for liking it:) The girl IS obnoxious even when awake.
We just barely rented this show and we liked. It had a lot of action in it. Good show!
Post a Comment